Raw Food Detox Day #4

Pretty Proud of myself that I didn't eat any of the millions of pizzas that were facing me. Even though I had two glasses of alcohol, which I was expecting to do as a celebration of picture locking our documentary, I still maintained a raw diet starting with raw cereal and ending with a very elaborate green leafy "sushi" which I will call..."vegetables wrapped in raw nori" because...that's what it was and that's what it tasted like. It took me way too long to make them because it's just not intuitive yet. For example, if I were to cook food and I only had basil, cilantro, and kale, I'd add garlic and olive oil and sautee it in a frying pan to have some cooked herby kale. Well, I had all those ingredients but I had trouble putting it together. I ended up making 2 liters of "dressing" which tasted good but way too garlicky. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the entire garlic clove. I forget that raw garlic is just so much stronger than cooked garlic. I almost burnt off my tongue and will ward off vampires for years!

Anyway, though I was pretty proud of myself for not eating pizza, I was really tired and my energy level just flattened by midnight. Maybe it's my body adjusting to my non caffeinated life but I passed out at midnight when I should have been pulling an allnighter editing this pitch tape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi