Raw Food Detox Day #2

I woke up and DIDN'T have coffee. This wasn't too hard because I was slowly taking coffee out of my daily diet anyway. Thankfully, I didn't have to eliminate major addictions all at once. What also helped is that I've been eating meat sparingly the last few weeks, with just an exception here and there for special occasions. I remember eating like this when I grew up with my grandmother. She rarely fed us beef or chicken and we almost never ate pork. We ate fish on a regular basis, and lots of Korean stews and soups and noodle dishes. I miss her! She used to always tell me how Kimchi was so good for me and how that's the reason why Koreans live a long life, etc. I never really believed her, thinking kimchi was just old spicy cabbage. A few years back, Koreans were saying that the reason we weren't affected with SARS was because of our kimchi. Crazy talk, right?

Raw foodists seem to believe that kimchi is one of the most healthy foods on earth. For realz? I grew up being ashamed of my kimchi breath and only shared kimchi time with my Korean friends. Well, now I can say to those kimchi haters that they were wrong! Muhahahha.

Anyway, back to the point of this blog post, which is... not to procrastinate from my editing this raw food pitch tape. It's to chronicle my raw food detox diet.

Today I had a raw cereal, which was comprised of almond and rice milk (yup, I like mixing it! It's sweet and nutty and thick), dried goji berries, dried longan's, lydia's organic cereal mix (it's like the best thing ever and I totally splurged on it and don't regret it one bit), chocolate chia seeds, fresh blueberries and fresh strawberries. It was the most colorful and thick cereal ever. I wish I took a picture but I was too busy trying to eat and leave the house. I'll take a picture tomorrow since I'll be eating essentially the same thing.

For lunch I had my tahini salad with raw veggies. From afar, it looked like a tub of creamy pico de gallo. This salad freaked out my friends but I ate it all anyway. I also picked on my kale salad which I got from Better Life Cuisine, but I couldn't finish it because I was already really satisfied. I had two snacks on me to nibble on throughout the day - cashew sticks and onion rings both from Awesome Foods. The onion rings were good until a friend said it looked like overgrown toenails. Thanks, Neil. The cashew sticks were not that good but I know I'll crave them when I have a cheese craving. Very cheesy.

For dinner, I had my ten dollar salad from Erewhon. It was SO GOOD. I think it was the salad dressing. It reminded me of chimichurri with less garlic and more zing! I would totally spend another ten dollars to eat this salad again. All the greens looked boring but in eating it, I realized just how diverse the greens were and how herby the salad was.

For dessert, I had a raw fudge bar which was very coconutty, which is awesome because I love coconuts.

Day 2 was not as easy as Day 1 because Liz came down to the editing basement with her brownies. After smelling the delicious brownies, I was tempted to eat it but I realized I had RAW BROWNIES in my fridge so I could come home to some tasty treats. But then again, I satisfied that craving already with the fudge bar. =D

I also had some fruit juice throughout the day but no coffee and no tea. Go me! I'm pretty proud that I was able to do this for a full two days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi