Ippudo NYC

We finally make it to Ippudo after having drinks and fries at Frying Pan. Of course, the first thing we do is down a few shots of sake! Check out the ramen underneath the bar counter's glass! Who would have thought instant ramen could be used as decoration?




One of my friends orders this and for the life of me I cannot figure out what the heck it is but check out how cute it is!




We also get the philly cheesesteak eggrolls and hirata buns, which are very popular with all the carnivores in the group. 





The hirata buns are heaven in your mouth. There really isn't enough to go around so get your own! Some people say they are better than momofuku's version. I think it's different. Not as sweet, for sure.




As for the veggie lovers in our crowd, the agedashi tofu is one of the most clean and popular starters. It still doesn't beat Raku's version but it comes a close second to me.



The Tan Tan Ramen is the special ramen so I have to get it. I love the peanuts and spiciness of this ramen. While it isn't my favorite, it really hits the spot. I get extra pork belly and egg and it is completely worth it. It's nutty, spicy, with a giant kick. Although I initially came to get the Akamura Modern, I always end up ordering the Tan Tan Men when I see it on the menu to compare it to others.




I taste my friend's Akamura Modern and it is definitely the bomb. I'm going to get it next time I go. The broth is the donkatsu broth and the red circle is a spicy miso paste that reminds me of good old gochujang. It apparently is what gives this ramen the umami taste. Gochujang is what gives my cooking some umami taste!



One of my friends orders the Shimomaru Hakata Ramen, which smells and tastes porkier than the Akamura modern. It's usually topped with scallions, sesame seeds, ginger, mushrooms and half of a soft boiled egg. The chashu is thick but melty at the same time. If you're a fan of Hakata Ramen, this is for you.


For an extra $2 you can get extra noodles but we are all saving room for dessert. After all, we are going to be hitting a few more spots that night.


The first dessert of the night is The Lady M Crepe Cake. It is out of this world. If you look closely you can see all the millions of layers of crepe that make up this cake. I wish I could take a better photo of it but the ladies are hungry and the low light isn't a great condition (and my flash is broken). Also, sometimes the company takes precedence over being the best food photographer. This is one of those cases.








Ippudo
(212) 388-0088
East Village 
65 4th Ave
New YorkNY 10003
www.ippudony.com



Ippudo on Urbanspoon

Comments

Burgertron said…
This place is fantastic! Everyone should eat here!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi