Larchmont Bungalow

I heart Larchmont Village. In the bustling, chaotic, and annoyingly crowded Los Angeles, it's good to know that a quiet and quirky little area exists. Hence, I was uber excited when I found a livingsocial coupon for Larchmont Bungalow last year. 

Apparently, they've been fighting a law suit all this time and they may have to shut down or fight to serve sit down patients. Essentially, they only had a permit for takeout, not a restaurant license. The city demanded they get rid of their chairs and tables, so LB put up signs saying they are selling their furnitures and their food was takeout only but they could sit on the chairs until someone "bought" them. 

I have no idea if they won or lost or what but I'm thinking I need to go back really soon to get me some of this red and blue velvet pancakes again. They were off the chain. A little too sweet as an entree but oh so decadent. As you can see, they're thicker than the average pancake. It was somewhere between a pancake and a cake but tasted more like a cake. They're topped with a cream cheese spread and homemade whipped cream and on the side, more sugary maple syrup. Half orders are $9.95 and Regular is $14.95. You really only need a half order unless you have a sweet tooth the size of a Rhinoceros. I'm surprised I wasn't jumping off the walls after this.



My friend got the Sunshine's Huevos Rancheros which is 3 eggs served any style on top of tri-colored tortilla shells, black beans, roasted peppers, and topped with warm salsa and slices of avo. Sour cream and fresh fruit on the side. It was $11.95 and probably a good choice for someone who is watching their carbs.


My vegetarian friend got the Vegetarian Breakfast Panini which included eggs, goat cheese, tomato and spinach served on focaccia and she chose fries on the side. $11.95.


I've had some of their muffins and pastries and I can't wait to go back to get some hearty savory meals and top it off with some red and blue pancakes. This time though, I will take 75% of it home.




Larchmont Bungalow
107 N Larchmont Blvd
Los AngelesCA 90004
Neighborhood: Mid Wilshire
(323) 461-1528



Larchmont Bungalow on Urbanspoon

Comments

new homes said…
Larchmont is a local tourist spot where people see it as a "must dine" spot. It was once a residence and successfully converted into a restaurant.
perth property said…
I love the great neighborhood main street for shopping and dining. Larchmont Village area is just fantastic.
I hope you never stop! This is one of the best blogs Ive ever read. You’ve got some mad skill here, man. I just hope that you dont lose your style because youre definitely one of the coolest bloggers out there.
Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog,looking forward for more contents.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi