Frying Pan, NYC


One of the coolest spots I was introduced to in NYC was Frying Pan, off of pier 66. My very best friends took me here for one of the culinary stops on my bridal shower/bachelorette party, getting a tip from my foodie and world traveler cousin-in-law. We started the night out with happy hour at Frying Pan, which is basically an old boat that turned into a raucous restaurant. When we got there, it was quiet and almost empty.


We strolled around, taking in the view of what the ship had to offer.

The periphery of the ship was loaded with tables and chairs, and there was a huge bar in the middle of the ship.

Their bathrooms were legit ship bathrooms.


There was random art all over the place.

The scenic view of the Hudson River was awesome, especially for this non-New Yorker.


We finally decided to settle down and get a table since a lot of beautiful Wellesley women were to join us in a bit.

We got an amazing pitcher of white sangria, that had pieces of cantaloupe and other fruits in there ($37) as well as some coronas ($7) and some old bay garlic fries ($3).

These garlic fries were the real deal. They had real roasted garlic at the bottom of each container of fries. I wish someone in LA would do em like this. If you know of anyone, let me know because I have yet to find roasted garlic in garlic fries, just minced garlic, which is totally different. The whole roasted garlic is so soft, like butter. You can't really appreciate the texture of roasted garlic in the minced versions. The fries were like $3 or something like that, which made it the most worth it menu item. But, the drinks were expensive. I didn't know my friends paid so much for it until I looked it up. They're amazing friends. I'm so lucky to have friends who know how much I love food and bless me with amazing deliciousness.


And of course, no Frying Pan trip is complete without people ballsy enough to go for a swim. I say ballsy because the restaurant was throwing ice buckets and whatever else over the boat. I definitely would not be swimming in that. The dumping of the ice buckets over the edge kind of grossed me out to get some of the splatter while we were eating.


By the time we left, it was like walking through a rave...on a boat that is. There were so many drunkards and loud, horny people. We were off to Ippudo!

Frying Pan
Pier 66
New York, NY 10011
(212) 989-6363

Frying Pan on Urbanspoon

Comments

lonelymystique said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
lonelymystique said…
The bathroom must have been COLD ! I would love to try the white sangria, it looks delicious. Thanks for the pricing, always good to gauge how much I'll be spending.
sdfafsadf said…
thanks lonely! it's always great to get comments from my readers. I don't know how cold the bathroom was because I usually hover. don't worry, I have good aim and I'm courteous afterwards. the white sangria was good but not too strong and a little more expensive than i thought it would be.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi