Tasty





Tasty
250 W Valley Blvd
Ste A
San Gabriel, CA 91778

Once in a while, when I feel like pampering myself, I drive all the way out to San Gabriel Valley to get a $15 foot massage. Since it's a bit out of the way for me, I make sure I take half a day to get a massage, eat lunch or dinner (depending on the time of day), and then a "healthy" drink from Tasty, to top it all off. The plaza where Tasty is in has all these things so when I'm really lazy, I just get a foot massage here, eat and have dessert at Tasty's, and then take sticker pictures and call it a day.

So what's so special about Tasty's? It's all in their desserts. I'm sure there are many more places like Tasty in SGV but in L.A., I have yet to find a place like this. They use fresh fruits for all their desserts, but the stand out to me is their drinks.

I've had the mango harsmar with coconut milk, sago with mango and coconut milk, mango pudding with coconut ice cream and other types of fruit, the gui ling gao jelly with mango and coconut milk, and I also tried the sweet rice balls. I have no idea, really, what harsmar is or what guiling gao jelly is but it's supposed to be healthy. I bet it neutralizes all the sugar and fat in it so I can have as many as I want!

The best part of these drinks is that they come layered (as pictured above). It's also fun to suck all the jellies and other such toppings through a boba straw.

And here's some facts to assuage your guilt for having them:
They use real mangoes.
They use real coconut milk (instead of non dairy creamer like in most boba places).
They are far enough away if you live in LA that you can only go there once in a while.

*edit*

After some researching, I found this out on wiki:

Hasma (or Harsmar) is a Chinese dessert ingredient made from the dried fallopian tubes of the Asiatic Grass Frog. Reported benefits of eating hasma include replenishing vital essence in the lungs, kidneys, and improving skin complexion. Hasma is also prescribed to treat respiratory symptoms such as coughing, hemoptysis and night sweats due to tuberculosis. Young children are however not recommended to take it, as the high contents of hormones might cause puberty to begin early.

Guiling Gao Jelly is a Chinese herbal jelly made from ground turtle shells, which is reputed to help clear up the complexion.

This is truly disturbing. I had no idea I was so adventurous!

Okay, next time, I think I'll stick to sago.

Comments

Hyuna said…
Our Lab decided to go here next Thursday to check it out! =)
sdfafsadf said…
wooo! i don't know how i never saw this comment. how did you like it?

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi