I'm going back here.



As the economy turns sour but my appetite does not, I have to start looking for places to eat out where it doesn't break the bank. During my chicken kick, a friend of ours took us to Baccali Cafe & Rotisserie in Alhambra. I had no expectations going in since we were technically meeting for business.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the large and extensive Chinese Fusion menu and even more pleasantly surprised to see how cheap everything was! The sandwiches are almost all under $5, and the big-portioned dishes were basically all under $10.

Now, what's better than rotisserie chicken?



How about... rotisserie chicken drenched in curry sauce with a side of curried rice with veggies? The Malaysian Roasted Chicken ($7.50) was precisely this. My BF had the Indonesian Fried Rice ($7.95), which came with a side of satays and a fried egg on top of the rice. His rice was okay (I love Singapore's Banana Leaf at the Farmer's Market near the Grove ten times better), but the satays redeemed the dish and the portions were just huge.



Had I known how large the portions were here, I would have convinced my BF to just get one dish to share with me.

The best thing here is the rotisserie chicken. Our friends ordered the baccali chicken ($9.95 whole), which was way more than enough to share between the two of them. I had the same chicken in my Malaysian Roasted Chicken (except mine had curry sauce on it) so I can attest to the fact that the chicken here is the main highlight.

The rest of the stuff is less in quality and taste but they sure know how to make it up with quantity.

I am definitely coming back to try some of the other stuff when I'm feeling a pinch in my wallet. This place is perfect for families and for large groups (and you're paying).

Baccali Cafe & Rotisserie
Neighborhood: Alhambra
245 W Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 293-3300

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi