Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy/Nut-Free Matcha Calamansi Banana Bread
In searching for an Allergen Free Banana Bread for my baby, I had to combine what was on the internet with some tricks of my own.
This moist banana bread recipe doesn't need eggs, milk, wheat, nuts, soy to make it taste amazing.
5 Ripe Bananas
0.5 cup sugar or your favorite sweetener
0.5 tsp matcha powder
2 calamansi zest
0.5 cup olive oil (use cold pressed)
0.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 good scrape of fresh nutmeg (2 pinches if using powder)
0.25 tsp cinnamon (I use 1/2 tsp of Saigon Cinnamon)
1.5 cups of Gluten Free Flour (I Use Pamela's GF All-Purpose Flour Mix)
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
0.25 cup sunflower seeds
0.25 cup pumpkin seeds
0.25 cup coconut shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a cake pan (7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches) or a rectangular cake pan (7.5 x 2 inches) with some oil.
3. Blend all the ingredients in "The Base" - Bananas, Sugar, Matcha Powder, Calamansi zest in a blender until "The Base" is smooth.
4. Pour "The Base" in a large mixing bowl and add in all the ingredients into the mixture from the "Oil/Liquid/Spices" - olive oil, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
5. Now it's time to add the dry ingredients in "The White Powders" - Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Combine these ingredients and put them through a sieve over the banana mixture.
6. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the entire mixture looks uniform. This will ensure that the batter doesn't become goopy.
7. Now, add everything in "The Crunch" to your batter (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut shavings). You can add nuts if you're not avoiding it. Walnuts go really well with banana bread. You can also add chocolate chips or dry fruit. I'd avoid adding ALL of this. Just pick one or two.
8. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan of your choice, and slip it into the preheated oven.
9. 30-40 minutes later, depending on your oven, check on your Banana Bread by sticking a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean and the batter doesn't look like jello when you're moving it in and out, then it's done.
10. Take out the banana bread and let it cool on the cooling rack.
Serve immediately, or not. This should be good for a few days.