Monday, August 22, 2016
Easy Low Carb Pizza with Trader Joe's Ingredients
It's easy to make a very fast low carb pizza when carb cravings strike. All these ingredients I got from Trader Joe's but you can get similar things at grocery stores. One Pizza will have more or less 7 Net Carbs depending on how much toppings you put on there. The Tortilla (which will serve as your pizza crust) only has 4 net carbs so everything you put on top of that adds to the net carb count.
Sonoma Carb Cutting Tortillas
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Mini Heirloom Tomatoes
COOKED Sweet Chicken Sausage (Use your favorite Sausage or Pepperoni)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I used my toaster oven for this and it worked fine.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, or grease down a pizza pan.
3. Put the Tortilla in the middle of the pan
4. Spread the Bruschetta Sauce on top of the Tortilla
5. Cover with Mozzarella
6. Add toppings of choice. I put an egg, tomatoes, sausages, basil.
7. Add parmesan, salt and pepper
8. I baked mine in a pre-heated toaster oven at 400 degrees for 10 min and then broiled it for another 5 minutes. This part will vary depending on whether you use the oven or toaster oven. It's summer in LA so I'm not going to turn on the oven to 400 degrees, thank you very much! But, you do you. Just make sure the egg is cooked and you're fine since everything else is already cooked or can be eaten raw.
9. Serve immediately! Perfect thin crust LOW CARB pizza. You won't even miss the carbs.