Cru

Recently, I took my raw foodist friend (same one who went to Better Life Cuisine with me) to Cru, the silverlake restaurant that has a raw menu as well as a cooked menu. It's vegan and organic on both menus ;)

Sometimes, I just get into the mood for eating raw food. Mostly, it's the curiosity, I think, and secondly it's to detox from all the heavy and unhealthy food I usually eat.

Going to Cru served another purpose. I'm currently researching to do a documentary on health and food. Being a "foodie," sometimes it's really hard being "healthy." Sure, there are a few foodies who exercise almost all the food they eat and create balance in their diet by eating light throughout the day in order to enjoy themselves for that one meal. Well, I can guarantee you that those types of healthy foodies are a rare breed.

Anyway, I don't want to give away too much about the documentary. Back to the food.

We had the Muhamarra (walnut pomegranate spread served with fig pate and flax crackers)


Bruschetta (sunflower bread with a traditional chopped tomato and basil spread and cashew cheese)


Soup du Jour (it was slightly warm but you can also order it raw)


Hawaiian Flatbread Pizza (sunflower flatbread with cashew cheese, sundried tomato sauce and shiitake mushrooms, side salad)


Asian Noodle Bowl (kelp noodles, radishes and cucumbers in an almond chili sauce)


and last but not least, my favorite, the Coconut Chocolate Mousse Pie.


My favorite part of the meal was definitely the dessert. I am usually not a fan of most desserts only because it's usually too sweet for my taste and makes me feel like heavy crap afterwards. Not so with raw desserts. They're usually made out of coconut meat or cashews or both so it's definitely filling but you won't feel like there is a rock in your stomach. You mean I can have my dessert and not feel guilty about it? Hmmm..

CRU
Neighborhood: Silver Lake
1521 Griffith Park Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 667-1551






Cru on Urbanspoon

Comments

Rachel said…
Yum. Take me there!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi