Christmas means cookies!

Every year, I pretend Christmas isn't really happening and then freak out last minute and go on a ridiculously un-thought-out shopping spree where I inevitably end up buying more shizz for myself than anyone else. Not this year. This year I plan on buying presents only for my family. Sorry if you're a victim of this downturn but this girl will not have a job come January (when I start school) so I get to be cheap for once. However, I am still baking cookies like I always do because it's cheap(er), fun, and it gets me into the Holiday spirit. What is Christmas without cookies? It's almost as bad as Christmas without Jesus.

So last night I baked two batches of gingerbread cookies with my new awesome 12 piece cookie cutters with details! I love it. I bought it at vons for $12.99 and came home to research it online to see if I got jipped. My plan was to return it if I found something online for cheaper but after using it, I loved it so much that I decided not to look it up online so I don't have to return it. =P
Tonight I bought some frosting and pastel writing frost to decorate these cookies.

I definitely think I need one of those baker's cream bags (pastry bags?) that can squirt out cream/frosting with cool designs. I had to use a teaspoon to spread the frosting and my hand wasn't as steady with the writing frost. I felt like I needed a thin paintbrush. Anyway, here's how they turned out:

I messed up on one so I made it a sad albino gingerbread man.


I messed up on a star but then somehow "fixed" it by making it look like a poinsettia.

Someone had eaten half of one of the christmas trees so it was my practice piece before going on to decorate the others.

The diva gingerbread couple.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

chai said…
jin you're amazing (and hot pic!)

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi