LA Food and Wine Festival 2011


This year I got to go to the first annual LA Food and Wine Festival held at LA Live as a freelance producer for KCET Food. I covered the Red Carpet, HEAT (LA's spiciest after party), Grand Tasting 1, Rick Bayless Demonstration, and Grand Tasting 2.

Check out the KCET Food version on their website. At least for now, it's on their front page! Thanks KCET Food for letting me go and eat like a pig for a few days, interview chefs, connect with other food lovers, and be a part of something huge that I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of with my lowly film school student budget.

The video on here is the song I initially chose for the event to capture the energy of a celebration for a first annual event of this magnitude. Unfortunately, for copyright reasons, I had to change it.

My favorite food part of the food festival was, Roy Choi's subtle jerk chicken, David LeFevre's meatballs (no pics, just in video) and:

Ray Garcia's bacon wrapped bacon

 John Sedlar's corn flan with quinoa 
(I can't believe I got to have it again after eating it for the first time in Mexico!)
Another reason to visit Rivera asap)
Graham Elliot's foielipops (foie gras discs covered in pop candy)

Daniel Boulud's terrines and assorted meat jams,

 Mark Peel's mussels

Foie Gras Lollipop (thanks, Lexus!)

The Foundry's famous grilled cheese sandwich 
(won best grilled cheese last year)

Celestino Drago's truffle boar angolotti pasta
(check out those black truffles)

Wolfgang's WP Catering's Bouillabaisse aka amazing soup
You really have to see it in all the angles
(possibly the best thing I had)
FIG's biscuit and gravy
(the biscuits were heavenly soft, though in the pic it looks like it could be hard)

Stefan Richter's red wine lollipop

Check out these posts from other food bloggers:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi