Ludo 4.0 (FINALLY!!!!!!)

I was so sad when I couldn't get reservations for Ludo 4.0 because it was sold out as soon as word got out. I wailed and complained for a good 20 minutes before going back to the film school hard knock life. I would read all the great reviews on other people's food blogs like choisauce or gastronomy or gourmet pigs or mattatouille or caroline on crack or food she thought. Basically, everyone and their moms had gone to previous ludobites v1.0, 2.0., 3.0. and now 4.0.

Imagine my surprise when I got a random mass email asking for people to step in for last minute flakers. I didn't even personally know this woman but she offered up 4 spots. I pounced on the chance, took 2 of the spots (hey, I'm not greedy), and dreamt about what I'd eat before I finally arrived at Gram and Papa's last week.

Because it's BYOB, we brought a Soviet sweet champagne my main squeeze scored at a neighborhood Jon's (if you've never been to Jon's market on la brea and fountain, you're missing out). We got drunk, we got merry, we had splendid service, and best of all, the best food we've had in a long long time.




Brie Chantilly, Honey Comb, Frisee Salad, Balsamic ($7)

This dish was so good, such a tease. Gooey, sweet, salty, crunchy, prickly. It completely awakened my senses.

Seabream Ceviche, Heirloom Tomato, Jalapenos, Meyer Lemon Paste, Cilantro Flower ($14)

This dish was so good. My SO is not a big ceviche fan and he was devouring everything. All the different elements aside from the fresh fish was also really enticing and fun to eat. I love the flowers in most of Ludo's dishes!

Black Sea Bass, Fresh Sansho Peper, Fresh Peas, Lettuce, Spring Onions, Yuzu ($26)

This dish was so pretty to look at tasty, too. I'm glad we picked one light entree and one heavy entree in order to fully appreciate the range. I was definitely happy with this choice, but it is a lot lighter than some of the other choices like Escargot or the Rack of Lamb.

Rack of Lamb, Fresh Goat Cheese, Dried Bonito, Artichokes, Potato Mousseline, Mint ($24)
Potatoes came separately and was completely devoured before I could take a picture.

The best lamb I ever had. Period. The best lamb my SO ever had. Period. Period.

Dark Chocolate Souffle, Vanilla Whipped Cream, Hot Chocolate Cream ($13)

So sinful yet not so sweet. I love the bitterness that comes with the dark chocolate but the sweetness of the hot chocolate and vanilla that we used as "dip."

One of the best meals I ever had. I'm so glad I finally got to try it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi