Don Chow Tacos

This summer, I had the honor of being able to shoot one of our scenes for our latest film about food and love at Don Chow Tacos, a Chinese-Mexican fusion truck operated by Dominic and Lawrence. They were so fabulously hospitable and nice to us and let us try a couple of different dishes.

Here are my faves:



Introducing the Carne Asada Chow Fun. I think this is now a staple on their menu and I'm happy to say I was one of the first to try it! Seeing how it looks on other people's food blogs, I imagine they re-engineered it since I last tasted it. I can't wait to go back to see what is different. I remember thinking why chow fun doesn't actually taste like this! It definitely took the chow fun experience to another level and I think others agreed. The noodles were gone in less than five minutes.


The Chimale!! This is a Chinese Mexican tamale with Kung Pao Chicken inside.


We had the kung pao chicken and Chinese bbq pork tacos. I personally liked all their dishes that had kung pao chicken. I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese bbq pork in general but the people who like it, loved the dishes that had it.


And last but definitely not least, my favorite dish from DCT is the Al pastor quesadilla. There were bacon bits in there and the smokiness still makes me salivate just thinking about it. I'm not entirely sure if this is part of their normal menu but if it isn't, it should be! It was my favorite dish by far.

If you haven't tried Don Chow Tacos yet, this is one food truck you must not miss! I've had food from a lot of food trucks but DCT still ranks #1 on my list.

All pictures courtesy of Edward Shen.

Don Chow Tacos (food truck) on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi