I promised but...




I know I'm not supposed to spread the word on this place but when I first started this blog, I told myself that I would post about interesting finds, not always about following food fads. Lately I've gotten sucked into the Korean taco trend so I have to redeem myself.

A few days ago, I went to Solvang and Santa Ynez where two different people recommended a place in Santa Barbara for dinner, called "Petite Valentien." They told me that I MUST get the mushroom crostini and that the entrees were really cheap without the sacrifice of the ambiance.

Our original plan was to eat at the shellfish company on the wharf but I've learned a thing or two in the past and it's to always trust what locals say, especially if they work in food or wine. So, my roadtrip troupe and I drove down to SB and parked our cars and walked on over to look for this place.

$18 entrees. ALL of the entrees were $18. They had entrees like kobe hangar steak, frog legs, escargot, shrimp, veal, etc. and it changes every week apparently. I got the $8 mushroom crostini (I split it with a friend and it comes in two pieces) and the $18 veal milanese with proscuitto and arugula. Almost half the table got it and loved it. My friend got the $9 plate of mussels for appetizer, which is a way better deal than the crostini but at these prices, why not just get both?





If you're visiting SB, you gotta eat here instead of all the commercialized places on State st. It's romantic, almost all the wine come in glasses and are cheap ($5-$7 for most) and I'd still have spent less than having gone to cheesecake factory or some place equally painful. Now I regret not getting dessert. I heard they had wonderful cheesecake.

Petit Valentien
1114 State St
Santa Barbara, CA 93190
(805) 966-0222

Petit Valentien on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi