Quaker Oats True Delights


I got these in the mail yesterday courtesy of Quaker Oats via Foodbuzz's tastemaker program. I got 6 bars, two of each flavor (roasted coconut banana macadamia nut, honey roasted cashew mixed berry, and dark chocolate raspberry almond).

Foodbuzz states, "This luxuriously delicious mix of real fruit, whole nuts, and dark chocolate is for your sampling prowess before it hits the general public, and based on office tastings, we are excited to hear your thoughts!"


Today I tasted the dark chocolate raspberry almond. I have to admit, these were rather tasty! They reminded me of kudos but with more fruit and nuts and less candy. I guess you could say they were grown up kudos, in taste and in size as well. I'm going to be taking these to school with me to snack on them. They're only 140 calories each, which is ridiculously light considering the sweetness of it. Actually, though it's a bit sweet for my mother and I, we think it's perfect for American taste buds. It's as sweet as some kashi bars which is too sweet for me but all my friends love it.

Anyway, when it hits the market, it will go for $3.49 per box, and it comes in packs of 5 bars. Pretty good, if you ask me, and I'd actually pay for it.


Comments

Grathy said…
Hi there! Mary McGrath here, enjoying the progress on your docomentary. Here's the piece I did on the Metro Diner (Cafe) giving you a little plug...

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7315-Culver-City-Restaurant-Examiner~y2009m4d14-Metro-Cafe-Serbian-Delights-in-Culver-City

Mary
grathy@aol.com
www.marymcgrathphotography.com
Elena Cole said…
Hello mate nice posst

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sesame - the food trend I love

Cuñape

Making Mocochinchi